Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night...


I haven't been myself of late.


I have been moody and volatile. In general this has a caustic affect on those around me. This is particularly troubling since in the recent past I have been surrounded by many friends and few foes.


I apologize for this as I feel that I have been at best a subpar friend. I can understand why many of you would confuse me for a malcontent and prefer to avoid my company. Please accept my deepest apologies.


The most troubling part about this is that I can find no reason to attribute this alarming shift for the morose. This is a busy time for work but I do not typically bring these troubles home. I cannot imagine what has caused my mood to sour but I honestly rather it would simply vanish than for me to discover the root of this problem.


It is also distressing that this happened in the recent past as well. For a period of a month or so I was feeling the same way. Jay's wedding seemed to bring me out of this downward spiral only to find myself in the midst of a relapse. Distressing is the only word I can think to use but I hate reusing words. I find this distressing.


I particularly feel as though I have not been a good boyfriend of late. Cass, know that you mean more to me every day and that you have never been the cause of anything but good for me.


I'm sorry. I ask you all to bear with me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

for what it's worth, I still love you even when you're a crankypants.

We need to get drunk together more I think.

I sometimes have those periods too, when I feel like a dark-Spidey-suit version of myself and don't know why. They pass after a while, and I think and hope that yours will as well.

Until then, keep your head up and let me know if you need anything.

Colossus Prime said...

I think you just miss the ceiling fan in your old bedroom in Brown Deer.

Dave said...

You're being way too hard on yourself. You've been a great boyfriend.

...oh, you meant to CASS...





Awkward.