Thursday, March 04, 2010

Birthday Dethday

I had a good 29th birthday. We spent the morning at the Shedd with Mike and Lauralye who were in town on a little vacation. For the first time ever the otters were sleeping and not playing. This saddened me.

Then I made my first bUICk practice of the season. Soccer had conflicted. I felt worn out but in good shape which caught me by surprise.

At night we went to Crossroads and met up with a bunch of people. Cass surprised me with cupcakes which were awesome. Sooz may have one upped her with T-Rex shaped rice krispie treats.

Thanks to everyone who came out. You are all great.

Two birthday presents worth noting:

From Mike:

From Cass:
More info on Twilight Turtle here for any parents out there or people who know awesome 29 year-olds.

I'm not sure which is my favorite present. I use both more often than you might think.

2 comments:

Susan W said...

if i one-upped cass's cupcakes it was only made possible by the fact that cass gave me that dino-pan as a present a couple years ago.

cass still wins! happy birthday, caleb.

Dave said...

Holy Lord, Twilight Turtle is even more adorable than I imagined. I'll take ten!