Monday, January 30, 2012

TripAgitator

Ok so a little back story: Cass and I are planning a vacation. We are looking at resorts and last minute deals and such. Trying to do due diligence when researching resorts is frustrating and stressful. I hate it. So when something like this rolls along it makes me smile a little.

We use TripAdvisor reviews among other things to try to get a feel for the places we are looking at. A feature I was unaware of allows the hotel staff to respond to the reviews. This almost never occurs, and I was unaware of it until we stumbled across Krystal Cancun. Therein almost every review has a reply from Paris Aguilar, who is apparently the Lobby Manager at this resort. And when I say almost every review I mean even ones where only one sentence is written, like "Enjoyed our stay, food was just ok but the staff was great!" Paris will be there with a followup. She is the Cal Ripken of whatever the hell I'm talking about.

So one reviewer posts a review and at first I am taken aback by how glib it is, because usually when people have a bad experience at these resorts they complain about it for nine paragraphs on these sites. But this one offered almost no detail, except to complain about Paris Aguilar by name.

I have come around to thinking that this is a troll by someone who, like me, happened upon the reviews and decided to mess with Paris Aguilar. And as you can see, it worked. So I'm hoping this is true and if so kudos to CR1412 for irritating a complete stranger so effectively.

2 comments:

Cass said...

it'll all be worth it when we are sipping fruity drinks on the beach. can't wait - love ya.

TaylorStreet said...

Tropical vacation sounds awesome. We loved the Now Jade resort in the Riviera Maya area just outside of Cancun.
Make sure if its all-inclusive to eat as much as possible. It's fun.