Sunday, October 01, 2006

What's new is what's new

I realize I didn't really update at all this week. The reason for this is that I am defending my thesis shortly (2-3 weeks) so that kind of takes priority. After this, I should have more time and be a lot less stressed.

A little update on the past weekend. The week passed without incident and I made it through alive so chalk one up for me.

Friday night I stayed in and watched Brick. That isn't entirely accurate as Cassie, Jay, and Colin forced me to walk three miles beforehand. I don't mind walking, but I had just sat down and opened a beer. Brick, for the record, is the best movie I have seen this year. Go see it and see if you can avoid the urge to drop into lingo. The peanuts were good but I still had to push.

Saturday was eventful. I had intended to stay in and work on my thesis but I got only a little work done and lost focus. I'm not sure why but I couldn't get on track and then it was time for the Cubs game. I hadn't been to a ballgame this year and Jay acquired free tickets on the up-and-up. Myself, Jay, Colin, and Nathan sat in Wrigley Field for just shy of five hours. A rain delay and fourteen innings of baseball takes time. The Cubs rallied from a 8-0 deficit to force the extra play but couldn't find a winning stroke in the additional lanes on the scoreboard. Still enjoyable overall.

While not our initial plan we left the stadium at perfect time to head straight to Leslie McScrapheap's housewarming party. A short pitstop to purchase spirits at the CVS nearest the stadium and we were on our way to the loving new home of said hostess and Ruthstess. A few things about the party:

-Cassie is a lightweight and kind of a cutesy drunk.
-KO and Ruthless are cementing their place as what is hot.
-Leslie and Ruth are wonderful hosts.
-Colin, as seems to be the norm, narrowly avoided fisticuffs with some ruffian. I suspect only the surroundings prevented a physical exchange.
-Chuck showed up with novelties in tow. If I ever attend a party with him again and he fails to do this I will be sorely disappointed.
-Lastly, and most important because it is about me, either everytime I speak to a girl I am flirting or my friends are just assuming I am. I was accused of devoting social time to the pursuits of Allison. I am not offended by this accusation per se, but I don't consider myself to be overly flirtatious except when intended. A brief version of this last point entirely is me shrugging and being all like "whatevah."

Sunday was spent watching football while lying on the couch. I wasn't hungover but I wasn't ready to go watch a parade or anything either. I did help Jay with schoolwork by participating in an interview partially concerning my blogging experience. The wonders of new things. Also had practice today again. My posts barely support. I'm swimming but the water's troubled.

6 comments:

TaylorStreet said...

wait. . .which guy did I try to start a fight with? Not disputing your accuracy, just curious as to which yegg waved the red flag.

marthamatters said...

Probably the one you called a fascist. And Caleb, I love when you flirt, I mean, talk to me. You're very engaging.

Caleb said...

To Colin: Scrappy's jilt. (Lindall). You called him various Nazi names throughout the night.

To Martha: Hey, so, um, yeah like awesome, I mean, how you doing?

Megan said...

I love watching Colin get in drunken fights and I love watching you flirt with every skirt that walks by.
Sigh, I miss you guys.

Caleb said...

Check out my new pickup line:

"Baby, you're so fine I'm going to follow you home and go through your garbage."

Jay M. said...

ha. fascist.