Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The episode of Muppet Babies where Scooter gets spinal meningitis.


I've finally settled back into routine, a revelation that is simultaneously relieving and depressing.


I had a really fun weekend this past weekend. In fall league ultimate I had one of the best days of city league I have ever had. We played with only three guys, which means no subs all day but all three of us toughed it out. Our girls played great as well, especially Cass who had a full speed layout grab that really should have been caught on film. Florida, where were you?


Softball season is over for Cass, Dave and I. We miss this weekend for Hallowinona. It occured to me this past weekend that in a six team recreational league we are the only team out there playing to have fun and play the game. Every other team is playing for the win no matter what. The team we played used the windy conditions to draw walks and used the free walk rule on several occasions. Very few of these teams will even banter with us either. It is a shame because when I do get to play teams that play our style it is everything I want softball to be. When they don't, it is more of a chore than a game.


I subbed for Woody's Tue. night team last night and had the worst day at the plate of my entire life. At least Jeremy was the ump so it was alleviated by trash talk.


Happy Halloween everyone.

1 comment:

Susan W said...

i am such a sucker for kittens with bad grammar!