Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Literal Christmas

Christmas has come and passed without apocalypse. Looks like Weird Al was wrong.

I enjoyed my time in Milwaukee this past weekend. I got to relax and leave everything behind for four days. That felt good. I haven't done that in a long time as most vacations involved a lot of activity or included work in between drunken spectacles.

I hung out with my friends that I hadn't seen in a long time on Friday night. I actually drove straight to Andre's instead of my brother's place. The highlights for me included Mike and J detailing what should have happened in Rocky Balboa. Needless to say their version of the film featured a zeppelin race between Rocky and Kaiser Adrian Balboa. Also high on the list would be David trying to convince my older brother Luke to become "The New Caleb."

After that the rest of the time was devoted to my brother's couch relaxing with MST3K and Futurama (and XBox) or family XMas activities. Good food and mostly pleasant conversation made for an enjoyable weekend. Highlight for me was sitting down with my Dad and creating a list of movies he thought I should add to the Netflix queue.

Now a list of swag:
  • Animaniacs Season 1 DVD (Katie and I seem to have taken to hunting for gifts for one another that we both enjoy, as if beyond the bargains and checkout lines we will set upon common ground)
  • Blue Fleece
  • Grey Thermal Sweater
  • Plaid PJ pants
  • Monkey wall hooks
  • Running Gloves (thanks Cass, very subtle)
  • Earphones (see above)
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang DVD
Prior to this weekend, after finishing Special Topics in Calamity Physics, I was figuring out books I wanted to read. I didn't own any that I wanted desperately to pick up so I was concerned. I borrowed Charlotte's Web from Cass and will finish that soon, however I was worried I would get mostly DVDs from my Amazon list (as it is mostly composed of DVDs). Animaniacs is the only DVD I received from my list. Now a look at books I received:
  • Moneyball
  • The Cobweb
  • Quicksilver
  • Beyond the Band of Brothers
  • The Devil's Disciple
I will now set about learning to read.

No comments: