Sunday, October 10, 2010

Everybody needs money. That's why they call it money.


Cass and I watched Heist last night although there were about two too many twists and anticipated setups by Hackman. Seriously the whole time anything would happen I would just assume Hackman planned for this and sure enough he did. Gene Hackman is great in this and if I had to pick an actor perfect for a Mamet script it would probably be him.

It was a good movie overall and I didn't know Sam Rockwell was in it. See Moon if you haven't before I forget.

Where does Heist stack up on the Mamet scale?

1. Redbelt
2. Spartan
3. State and Main
4. Heist
5. The Spanish Prisoner

I still have to see Homicide, Things Change, Oleanna and The Winslow Boy.

Has anyone ever watched The Unit? It seems pretty trite, probably because it's shot in CBS's old-folk-pleasing style.

3 comments:

Colossus Prime said...

Really, Heist above The Spanish Prisoner?

You know me, to each his own, I just hated Heist. It felt like some college kid trying to write a Mammet movie.

Caleb said...

I have to watch Spanish Prisoner again. I watched it so long ago and I think it was the first Mamet movie I ever saw.

TaylorStreet said...

I agree with Colossus Prime, Spanish Prisoner below Heist is nuts.