Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Eli's coming, and Rahm's already here


There's a strangeness about today.

I was apparently a reckless sleeper last night. Cass told me that as she dropped me off. Maybe my psyche sensed strange omens approaching. I walked from the car to the train station wondering what made me uneasy last night. I resolved that it must be test anxiety as I walked past Rahm Emanuel. Why he was shaking hands at the Blue Line station is less worrisome than the question of why today? The ride itself was uneventful, the occasional train smell actually instilled a sense of normalcy. Then I got off the train and walked towards my lab and into chaos. I wasn't around when this happened but instead bore witness to the frenzied response. There were at least twenty cop cars surrounding the station. For the record that is somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18 too many for post-incident response. I guess they had to secure the area. I'm going to secure mine before anything else happens.

This is a strange day. I just hope Tom Sizemore doesn't try to kill me.

1 comment:

Cass said...

I heard about the el accident right after you got out of the car. I was hoping it would be cleaned up by the time you got there, so I didn't text you. Love you babe - kick that test's you know what.