Friday, June 15, 2007

Capricious

Cass has been gone all week. Taking care of the Cheese has been fun but he started limping today so it's possible that she will murder me tomorrow.

My arm was sore for the beginning of the week but it feels fine now. I need to calm down with my throws from the outfield plus frisbee.

Tryouts again this weekend followed by a game. I am psyched but a bit nervous. I am by far the shortest male at the practices so I have to do more to stand out.

It's my last day at my old job (well, until I start my new one, I may pick up some hours on odd days) and all I did up until now was work. This was self driven work. I thought I would check out but I find myself neck deep in a task before I realize that I'm even working. Not to say that I'm having a blast, just my mind is turned off but still running.

I beat Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time last night after a bout of frustration. The game is fun and the puzzle solving is exciting. Too bad they took a lot of it out in the sequels to make way for more fighting, which sucks.

I am reading Moneyball right now. I will do a full review when I'm done but one thing I wanted to say right now is I'd be interested if anyone has done a retrospective on players mentioned in the book. I'll elaborate later. This is how we foreshadow.

I bought my Dad two books for Father's Day: Up Front and The Death of WCW. My father can appreciate WWII cartoon history and wrestling history. If you know that and that he plays golf that's a pretty thorough character sketch right there.

3 comments:

marthamatters said...

I love Prince of Persia and was excited to beat it. Yet my victory still did not keep me from spending hours and hours looking for hidden stuff and trying to beat it in different ways.

sir henry oglepants said...

does your new job involve a stint in the wcw??? did i uncover the secret of this blog entry??? and if so, and your charcter in world champion wrestling is the fictional WW II comic book character sgt. fury (complete with eye patch), can i be a howling commando... in a completely hetero way.

sir henry oglepants said...

?????