Monday, September 27, 2010

Muevela: the best and worst of it


It was a rough weekend. We played in our last ultimate tourney of the season and we did not do well as a team. We lost an important game to a really inferior team 17-16. It was frustrating because we beat ourselves, making dumb decisions and mistakes in every aspect of the game. I played fine with zero turns and getting bookends on my last point of the game. Unfortunately that was to put us up 11-9 at the time and I never got a chance to come back in due to a heavy roster and unwillingness on my part to race people to the line or call someone off. It was a learning experience (I hope) for all of us and I did have a lot of fun with this team.

It should come as no surprise that Cass absolutely dominated in her one game on Sunday.

Saturday night was an ultimate party. Cass and I still like to get out and enjoy ourselves with the younger kids but sometimes it is very sobering to realize how much older we are. I hope that doesn't sound judgmental because I like all of them and they can do whatever they want to have fun (short of hurting someone else), it's just that Cass and I don't feel any compulsion to join in.

Cass has taken over Halloween planning and she is a million times better, cuter and funnier than I could ever be. It's unreal how wonderful she is.

A lot of friends did do well on the weekend so congrats to Maker, Gambit and Ibex.

1 comment:

Colyn said...

I heard you guys actually had a pretty good weekend, just finished poorly. Haymaker had a terrible weekend and ended very well. I think Muevela turned some heads this year and everyone knew that you guys were capable of beating any team on any day. You guys had more fun than any other team out there and still kicked ass. Definitely don't hang your head about your season!