Monday, November 06, 2006

I hope you actual read this exerpt.

I've decided to post an exerpt from my acknowledgements section of my thesis so that some people might actually read it. The concept of any of you reading my blog and my thesis is impossible to imagine so I thought you deserved to see the important parts.

Personal support was essential for me to be able to continue to perform the research. The following people deserve more accolades than I can possibly give for this: my brother Luke and sister Katie whom I love; Jay, Mike, David, and Andre, my closest friends back home who understood my priorities and remained supportive; Martin, Megan, Colin, Cassie, Jay, Nate, Brian, and any other friends here in Chicago who were there for me week after week; Jay, Tom, and everyone else who helped me when I needed a vacation; Justin Ford who would always provide respite from work and thoughtful conversation; and the entire UIC Funkosaurus Ultimate team for letting me have fun when I most needed it. It is not a stretch to say that without these people the weight of this work may have been too much for me to bear.

My memory is not perfect and my space is not infinite and there are many others who supported me. Any omissions are entirely accidental. I hope those I have neglected to mention understand and recognize my sincerity and gratitude in the following statement: I would also like to thank everyone, everywhere who ever believed in me.

Finally I would like to thank my parents, Keith and Vivian. Their constant support and love for my entire life is what enables me to continue living and learning. They may never read this work and if they do they may never understand a significant portion of it. I just hope they understand how much of this work is because of them.

5 comments:

TaylorStreet said...

No, Caleb, thank you.
Still waiting for the thesis defense photograph. . . . you know the one.

marthamatters said...

You're welcome. . .FOR NOTHING! (jackass)

Martin K. said...

My dream has come true... a college thesis that has the word "funkosaurus" in it!

Megan said...

Finally I get credit for all my hard work supporting you. It's a tough job.

Congratulations, Caleb. Can't wait to hear what's next in store for you.

Now you can take a break and come visit us. Take a train.

David said...

I'm adding this as a cited work in my CV