Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Of cartoons and video games.

I spent the past week with my brother and sister-in-law. While at their house I played a lot of a video game and watched a lot of a cartoon. A quick review of both with a review of myself secretly included as subtext starts now. (p.s. For those that don't care, you can skip the reviews and read more about nothing since your time is so f*****g important.)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
For those of you that were not aware, I was as a child and still am a comic book fan. I don't make weekly trips to the comic store and talk industry with like minded folks on a sweat stained couch, but I do read and respect the genre as literature. This video game allows you to play as a team of comic heroes from the Marvel Universe. It's a lot of fun and pretty close to the game that comic book fans have been anticipating for some time now.

Metalacolypse
The new cartoon from Brendon Small is awesome. It is about the world's greatest metal band. The show is especially amusing for people who know anything about the hardcore and metal scenes but I hope it's funny to those who are not as well. For the record, Brendon Small does the shows music as well and is incredibly talented.

If you caught Studio 60 on Monday you missed a bit I thought of in college captured by Aaron Sorkin. At some point in the show there was a semantic argument about the word "semantics." I came up with that idea sometime sophomore or junior year. Very surreal.

I watched football on Thanksgiving but not a single game on the weekend. Missed Notre Dame/USC. Missed the Bears. Missed Monday night too. I guess I'm not from the midwest anymore. Sometimes I really do think that we are perceived that way in NY and LA. "Darn tractor broke down halfway back from market; almost missed kickoff."

Had a good time back home in Milwaukee off of my brother's couch. We went out on a pub crawl on North Ave. Megan you will be happy to hear I wore my wedding shirt with a pink sport coat and black pants. I was turning heads and stopping traffic. You go me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see you in that outfit again --- maybe at Nate's party Saturday night?

Megan said...

Yes! I knew you would wear it again. I'm proud.

Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding like a lady nerd, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is awesome. I just helped my buds beat it last week. Secondly, I hadn't heard of Brenden having something new out, so now I'm super stoked and bound to you even stronger than before.